Welcome to College Unbound.
- a place, institution, or process of higher learning.
- a group of people who take part in this process—“the College of Arts and Sciences,” for example.
- freed from binds or restraints.
- describing a book not contained within a cover.
- a unique, meaningful way to achieve an accredited college degree or certificate.
- a new vision for all that college-level learning can actually be:
- “Class” happens anywhere learning is going on.
- Faculty work as coaches and facilitators, not as traditional professors.
- Credits are gained when students show their learning in action.
- Requirements are learning goals, not courses–and different students meet them in different ways.
- Internships are “professional learning experiences.” They’re for all students, every semester, and can be built out of a working student’s current job.
- Seminars, readings, and projects build off professional learning experiences, and not the other way around.
College Unbound students enroll in our program through accredited college and university partners. They graduate with a college credential that demonstrates they are competent in all of our wide-ranging learning goals.
We invite you to explore:
- how our students learn
- College Unbound’s current learning environments
- the contributions “unbound” students make to their workplaces and communities
- and how you can become a student or help with our work